Tuesday, December 1, 2009

11/22/09 and 11/23/09

11/23/09
Evidentally I was really distracted today as well. I actually started out alright. But 30 seconds into my practice I decided I was unhappy with the sound and wanted to started over. As soon as I started recording again I knew I had been silly to stop. No as I write this I realize that it was just as silly to chide myself for being silly. I should just move forward. Anyway I starte recording again and for two minutes I think I didn't have a problem. I was focused, I was playing, it all seemed to work. Then suddenly I hit a wall. I got distracted by something and couldn't get it out of my head. It kept coming back, stronger each time and each time I got more upset with the distraction. Another mistake. This went on for several minutes until my roommates returned to the room and started talking. I zoned out completely as i listened to them and eventually stopped playing guitar all together. (the clip I've posted cuts off just as I stop playing) When I came to, I stopped recording and tried to orient myself. I started agan and played for a little while but it was no use. I left pretty dissatisfied.

DP_11_23_09_blog.wav -

11/22/09
Today was weird. I had felt weird all day. The practice didn't seem to make any difference. I'm not really sure if my mind wandered. I wasn't really aware of it in the way I usually am. Which probably means I was thinking of other things, though I can't remember them. Suffice to say my mind was not all on the guitar. I tried a few different things to get bak into the groove, but it all seemed so pointed. I knew that I was trying to achieve a goal, to have a good practice, which didn't make sense. I didn't feel like I was doing it for me. I felt more like I was just doing it to fill the 3-5 days a week requirement. I didn't like it at all. And I'm not even proud of the music I created.

DP_11_22_09_blog.wav -

No comments:

Post a Comment