Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DP's 11/29/09 and 11/30/09

11/30/09
Today wasn't really any better than yesterday. My mind was just as distracted and just as tired. I came close to falling asleep during my practice. I found it very hard to even get into my practice state in the first place. I keep feeling like there are so many more important things i could be doing. Daily practices are god that way. They can tell you a lot about where your priorities lie at a certain moment. Like today I really wanted to talk to my girlfriend because I won't be able to see or talk to her for two weeks starting tomorrow. I really do think that my practice suffers the less I do it. I mean its obvious, but I also think its hard because i hadd to whittle for five days instead of playing guitar. I think it helps to do the same thing every day. Hence the name, Daily Practice.

DP_11_30_09_blog.wav -

11/29/09
This is when I got back to Syracuse and picked up a guitar for the first time in 5 days.

AAAAARRRRHHHHGGGG!!!! I couldn't concentrate at all. My mind kept wandering, I kept noticing where my mind was. but it was so hard to bring back. very unresponsive. Very uncooperative. almost like a dream you can't control. i was pretty tired. maybe that was it. I became way too concerned with the music and what i was trying to play. thats a problem. Especially if I'm TRYING to play instead of just playing. I think I have more going on right now that I usually do. More work to worry about, more family events, more obligations. I couldn't stop thinking about all those things. However, I was decently aware of what I was thinking. I just couldn't stop it. This is very disconcerting.

DP_11_29_09_blog.wav -

No comments:

Post a Comment